Monday, April 20, 2009

Everyday Items

Ha! Just spent a lot of time uploading a post that never uploaded. Well, I thought it might be a good idea to put in a sort of synopsis of my painting past. The themed work I've done these last few months have all got to do with art exchanges on WetCanvas. Everyday Items was the first art exchange I've ever taken part in. I painted more than twenty postcard sized pictures of things that my life is usually strewn with. All of them were watercolours, and in some I used a pen too. Here are the ones I liked the best.




A boot from Texas, and a lamp from my hotel room, a brass girl reading, and my boy writing, a clay pig, and a fabric horse...




A temple elephant, and a musk melon, a couple of bird-whistles, and lots of paints...




Mangoes in a wooden bowl, fallen jack leaves and a seed, a bumblebee on the Crepe Myrtle tree, and pickles with a spoon all ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment